Saturday, April 16, 2011

Powell House Cooks' Book coming soon


Hi Friends,

Jacki Gray has been feverishly checking 200 pages of recipes from our Powell House cooks. You'll be delighted with our "standard" fare (depends which Cook's standard). The Youth attenders have created wonderful drawings and sketches to illustrate the recipes e.g. zucchini bars (just imagine).

Here are a few photos to wet your appetite.



Martha's summer salad



Chris's gazpacho soup

Stay tuned for future photos and maybe even some recipes.
Ann

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I live in Indiana and my last name is Powell. My son found "The Powell House Cookbook" that was copyright in 1969 at a Goodwill store in Indianapolis this past weekend. I course we bought it! We have not heard of The Powell House before. How interesting it has been to read some of the history and learn that you are working on testing recipes as they did for a cookbook. I'm excited to try some recipes.